Women's Health - GP Checks
- When it comes to healthcare, there are a number of concerns that are specific to women. Your GP is there to help you navigate through the different things you need to be aware of and the checks you need to keep up to date.
Seeing your doctor for regular medical check-ups will help you stay healthy and pick up early warning signs of disease or illness. Many diseases such as cardiovascular (heart) disease, diabetes and some cancers can be picked up in their early stages, which is when treatment is often more effective. If you are at high risk of a particular disease – for example, if you have a family history of it – it is recommended that you get checked more frequently, and at an earlier age.
There are some important checks that can be performed by your GP. These include:
- - cervical screening tests and STI screening;
- - pre-pregnancy and pregnancy check-ups;
- - heart health checks (including blood pressure, blood tests, and weight check);
- - diabetes health checks;
- - breast and bowel cancer health checks;
- - bone density health checks; and
- - immunisation check-ups
This information has been provided by the Better Health Channel.
To book a comprehensive women’s health check-up (15 minutes with a nurse and a 30 minute doctor consult) including a pap smear, breast examination, and general health check, click here to make an appointment with Dr Jane Habib.
You can also read more about our Women’s Health Clinic services here.